Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Glass etching without a stencil

This video shows my method for using armour etch without a stencil


INSTRUCTIONS
  • Cover the area you are working with with a think coat of wax by rubbing it with a tea light.
  • Scrape away your design with a pencil
  • Cover with Armour Etch and wait 5 min.
  • Wash off the Armour Etch
  • Melt off the wax.

The intention if for this to resemble a hops cone used in making beer. I will fill this bottle with beer with the next batch.

share to facebook button

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, I was looking fir somethung like this!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if wax would work as a resist I can now use my oysanky wax tools to create unique designs on glass

    ReplyDelete

i'm not here right now but leave a message and i will get back to you as soon as possible.