Thursday, September 10, 2009
What with the abundance of both hops and zucchini that seems to be going on I made a big tray of chocolate zucchini cake modified from the recipe in this thread. Most modifications were based on what I did or did not have around at the time but if you want good zucchini cake you might want to click that link. I did not have enough space in the bread so I made two cupcakes that were augmented with 3 cascade cones ground in each.
Recipe for the Hops Cupcakes extrapolated to a full batch.
2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
1/2 cup granulated and 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1oz dried cascade hops
1/3 cup whole milk
4 oz 60% dark chocolate melted
2 cups course ground zucchini
- Preheat oven at 375F,
- butter cupcake tin.
- Mix melted butter with melted chocolate, sugar, milk, ground hops and egg.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt and ground espresso
- Add flour mixture to the butter chocolate mixture in 3 steps, whisking until each addition is reasonably well combined before adding another batch
- Add the zucchini and ripped up hops.
- Bake until knife comes out clean ~30min.
- Add a small cone on top as a garnish.