Sunday, September 19, 2010

Laptop lightbox... good idea or great idea?

Breaking out the oil paint again. This painting of a large mouth bass on bristol will have the correct proportions! The painting will be of this sweet bass I caught ice fishing.

Do you like fish???? You might like this belt buckle.

How do you clean your earplugs?

I just put them in the pocket of my jeans and wash them in laundry.... you? A serendipitous discovery that I doubt I am the only one to have made.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Installing a new plug. Green=ground, black=brass, white=silver

I was going crazy trying to figure out which color is which in an electrical cord.

This was surprisingly hard to google. just wanted to contribute that one fact. This is the cord from our old dishwasher (no idea how old but I found a repair slip from 1981 in it). Finally broke the plug.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Little wax animals

Got a confidence boost from the successful casting of the lost wax hand bottle opener and I want to do mere with wax even though I have had trouble with burn out in the past. Here are a few quick sketches of a wax bull and horse.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cutting a beer bottle with a dremel tool

Started by taping a circle to guide us. Cut the bottle with a diamond cutting wheel for the Dremel tool. You don't see it but I am wearing Safety Goggles and A dust mask I make no promises that that is enough to preform this task safely.

Cut open aluminum Iron City Bottle for big pour 100 bottles of beer on the wall.

Here are some photos of the bottle for anyone who did not make it to construction junction's Big Pour this year. We cut the bottle with a diamond cutting wheel for the Dremel tool. Amelia made a painting job in process scene inside.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Bitters from hops

home made bitters with hopsMaking my own bitters starting with Hops as the bittering agent. homegrown herbs. I started with four jars one with dried homegrown hops, one with the peel of a grapfruit, one with rosemary and cloes and one with slices of prunes. I left all four soak for two weeks before mixing them to taste. I found that it was best to use mostly the hops and grapefruit jars.

Here are the completed bitters.
The bottle is labeled using armor etch and chalk as shown in this post.