Friday, June 26, 2009

wine bottle hydroponic hops.

Update 7.7.9 this thing died so I would not recommend this plan. I think I did not get enough of the smaller roots. I think I might try again at the end of the season.


hydroponic hops indoor wine bottle
I cut a piece of root with some shoots that were attacking other plants off one of my cascades and put them in a wine bottle as a hydroponic set up. I cut above the rhizome so I would not damage the rest of the plant. I have no idea if this will work or not but I figure it is worth a try. I have one shoot going out the window so at least part of it should get good sunlight.

Click the follow link below on the right if you want to follow how this project works out.

I am looking for ideas for good plants I can grow hydroponically with only light from the window. any tips? comment please.

1 comment:

  1. I dont think that the roots can stay in the water like that it would start browning the roots thus cutting the oxygen off i think a flood to waste system would be key im trying a hop plant in the near future and im trying to get as much info as possible keep trying hydroghaost

    ReplyDelete

i'm not here right now but leave a message and i will get back to you as soon as possible.