Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Modify a sodastream to make use 20oz bottles and to carbonate milk

WARNING: DO NOT DO THIS. IT DID NOT WORK AND WAS SOMEWHAT DANGEROUS. IT ALSO VOIDS WARRANTEES, MAKES BABIES CRYS AND OTHER BAD THINGS. For actual useful posts about sodastream please check out my sodastream recipes. I know we all want to carbonate whiskey, milk, coffee, wine, fruit juice and all other sorts of crazy things with the sodastream. I am also interested in carbonating smaller volumes like 2, 12, 16 and 20oz bottles. However we are sternly warned not to do this. This post documents my(so far failed) attempt to find a work around.
1)I cut 5/16" Outer Diameter (OD) vinyl tubing to about two feet in length
2)I drilled a 1/4" hole in the top of a small soda bottle
3)I pushed the tubing through the slightly smaller hole to get a tight seal.
4)I slid the tube around the soda stream
5)after filling the bottle with water and screwing on the cap I pumped two times causing the tube to detach from the sodastream the bottle to tip over and somehow dump about 1/2 of its contents without having its cap come off.
6) photo to come

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'm not here right now but leave a message and i will get back to you as soon as possible.